Friday, December 28, 2012

Rejoicing in Advent: Testimony

As this week marks the final week of Advent, so we celebrate in one last testimony of God's faithfulness!


Meet Amber.


"As a child I despised and hated my family. I tortured my brother and sister and almost killed my mother. And now I LOVE them, but how did that all change? I will explain...

Growing up I went to a church where the pastor spoke often about Christ's return. I was absolutely MORTIFIED of this that I prayed to Jesus every night to come into my heart and save me.

One night I was listening in on one of my mom's conversations as she was reassuring a friend that you can know if you are a Christian by your fruits, found in Galations 5:22-23. I quickly went down to my bedroom to read about it for myself.

As I was reading, I became aware that none of the "fruit of the Spirit" really described me. At that moment I realized that reciting a prayer and saying that I "believe" in the Lord was NOT going to save me. The recited prayer and words were what I was trusting in, not in the Lord to actually perform the miracle of saving me. I understood for the first time that I needed to surrender my life to the Lord. In order for me to change, I was going to have to allow the Lord to become MASTER of my life. It was then that I grasped that there was absolutely NOTHING I could do to save myself, so I asked the Lord if He could do the saving and the changing. The fruits of the Spirit were not going to just magically appear on their own; I needed God's help. My life was no longer mine, but from that point on the Lord became Father, Master, and GOD of my life. As my pastor says: “He calls the shots!"'

Thank you for sharing your story with us, Amber...praising God for what He has done in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment